BACHATA JACK & JILL LEAGUE TABLE
En Motion would like to thank all Singapore Street Latin dancers for helping us to build a strong Bachata community. Being the pioneer school to bring Bachata to Singapore, we are excited to roll out the ONE & ONLY Singapore Bachata Jack & Jill League.
Date : Every first Saturday of the Month
6th April – 11th May* (2nd Sat) – 1st June – 6th July – 3rd Aug – 14th Sep* (2nd Sat) – 12th Oct* (2nd Sat) – 2nd Nov- 7th Dec
Grand Final Date: 16th Jan 2020 (during Singapore International Latin Festival 2020)
Venue : Singtel Recreation Club (SRC), Comcenter, 31 Exeter Rd, Basement 2 S239732
Entry Fee : $10/competition
Entry fee will confirm your placement on a first-come-first-served basis. Fees are strictly non-transferable and non-refundable.
What is a Jack & Jill Competition?
Jack & Jill Competitions are designed to showcase a dancer’s skills in spontaneous social dancing and improvisation, as well as to highlight their ability to dance well with a variety of partners. Leaders and followers enter the competition individually and are randomly matched to dance to music pre-selected by the DJs.
Preliminaries – Each dancer will be judged individually as a leader/follower
Finals – Dancers will be judged and scored as a couple
- Timing & Musicality
- Team Work
- Lead and Follow Connection
Judging panel will be made up by Director level instructors from respectable Dance institutions, teams &/or renowned Dance Artistes
Judges Confirmed –
Gary Foo (Director of En Motion Dance School)
Şimal Evirgen (International Dance Artiste from Turkey / En Motion)
Derrick Lye (Director of The Dance Collective)
Christina Pan (Director of Alma Singapore)
Zee (Director of ZiggyFeet Dance Company)
Dalena (Director of ZiggyFeet Dance Company)
Guest Judges for Round 3 – Jose Aguilar (Mexico) and Dawn Eng (Singapore)
Rules & Regulations:
- All competitors are required to pay for entrance fees to Singtel Fiesta Latina ($10) and registration fees ($10)
- This competition is open to all participants
- Decision of the judges will be deemed final and indisputable.
- Organizer reserves the rights to use any pictures, footage of the competition for future marketing purposes.
- Organizer reserves the rights to make any changes with regards to the competition and event.
- All Competitors are not allowed to use any lifts or tricksAny of the following would be considered as lifts or tricks:
a) Needs elevated support from the partner to execute.
b) Has both feet off the floor and is assisted to execute.
c) The partner’s body is lifted above shoulder level.
d) Spins for over 4 bars of music.
e) Dips and poses will not come under the category of lifts.
- No props, removal of any items on your costumes allow
1) Preliminary Round
All competitors will be dancing at the same time to 1 Modern Bachata (Remix allowed) and 1 Dominican Bachata music. 30sec – 50 sec each round
The number of couples that qualify for final round will depend on the initial number of participants
|No of Participants||No of Participant chosen for next round|
|5 – 10 couples||3 couples|
|11 – 19 couples||5 couples|
|20 – 39 couples||12 couples|
|40 – 79 couples||15 couples|
All competitors will be dancing at the same time to a fixed partner
1 Modern Bachata (Remix allowed) and 1 Dominican Bachata music. 50 sec to 1min 30sec each round
There will be placing only for the top 5 couples
Points Allocated Guidelines
There are a total of ten (10) Jack and Jill Competitions, one per month; Points will only be recorded for those who danced in the final round every month. Dancing in finals does not guarantee that a Competitor will be awarded points.
- Tiers are defined by the number of Competitors (see Tier size below).The greater the number of Competitors within a division, the higher the Tier, and the greater the points potential. The Points Award chart lists the points awarded to a Competitor according to their placement in the finals.
- There must be a minimum of five (5) leaders and five (5) followers to be eligible for inclusion in the Points Registry.
- Each participant may only join one category.
- Male participants may only join as leaders; Female participants may only join as followers.
- Points awarded to leaders and followers may not be identical since the points are based on the Tier level. Each role (leader or follower) within a contest may have a different number of Competitors and thus be in a different tier.
Points Awarded Chart
AWARDS AND PRIZES
In each month’s FINAL, the winning couple will walk away with cash prize of $100.
Only the league’s top 25 leaders and 25 followers with the highest points are eligible to participate in the GRAND FINAL on 16th January 2020 during Singapore International Latin Festival.
If there are any withdrawals, then the candidate with the next highest point will be invited to join.
The winning couple of the GRAND FINAL will walk away with cash prize of $200.
The Bachata League top leader and follower with the highest point will be crowned as the Singapore Bachata Jack & Jill League Champions at Singapore International Latin Festival 2020. They will each walk away with cash prize of S$500 plus a Champion Trophy!
For Dancers to gauge their own advancement in this league, dancers who have excelled in this league can move on to a secondary Intermediate league (Proposed to be formed up in 2020) Check out the table below for more details
Mark your dates and stay tuned for more information!